Friday, January 27, 2012

Spanish - English translation help.. sort of?

I met a spanish guy while travelling in europe, we established a friendship (nothing more, but he was pretty cute) and since returning home we have kept in touch.

I know when you are saying hello and goodbye Spanish people do the whole two kisses thing (a kiss on each cheek). When he signs emails to me he writes one kiss (he writes in english). I just don't get the term. Is it like signing the friendly xoxo you do to your mom? I just thought it was odd because if two kisses is more customary in person, then does one kiss (in writing) mean someone else? Just trying to understand what he is or isnt getting at :P

Help me out!Spanish - English translation help.. sort of?
He's just trying to be nice, don't give it a second thought. And yes, it's like xoxo.

Now, if in doubt, be straightforward and ask him.

I usually sign my emails with "kisses and hugs" but that's just to be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment