Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Can you check my spanish-english translation?

For my spanish summer reading I had to translate a song. I chose la fuerza de un te quiero. I tried my best to translate it but it was really hard. I would really appreciate it if you could look over the translation and let me know what mistakes I made. Here are the spanish lyrics-

Hoy soy libre entre tus besos

Duermo, calma en tus abrazos y soy feliz,

Sabes cada l铆nea de mis manos,la luna brilla aqu铆鈥?br>
Yo no dar铆a no, ni un paso lejos de ti, jam谩s me voy a ir

Pues tu destino est谩 en mi, me siento mas mujer,

En tu mirada encontr茅, la luz y la verdad, la paz, la fuerza de un te quiero鈥?br>
La fuerza de un te quiero,

Cada minuto es tan eterno, los inviernos se , con tu calor,

La tristeza muere en el pasado,

Cuando tu est谩s aqu铆鈥?br>
Todo es m谩gico ,todo tiene otro color

En mi piel nace el sol

Por que yo te quiero鈥?br>
Est谩 cerca el cielo

Por que yo te quiero

Est谩 cerca el cielo

Por que yo te quiero鈥?br>


And here are the english ones I wrote

Today I am free from your kisses

I sleep, calm in your embrace and I am happy

You know each line on my hands, the moon shines here鈥?br>
Then your destiny is in me, and I feel stronger

I would never, no never take one step away from you, I will never go

Then your destiny is in me, and I feel more feminine,

In your gaze I found, the light and the truth, the peace, the strength of one I love鈥?br>
The strength of one I love

Each minute is so eternal, you melt the winters with your warmth,

Sadness dies in the past

When you are here鈥?br>
Everything is magic, everything looks different

In my skin the sun is born

Why I love you鈥?br>
Is close to the sky

Why I love you鈥?br>
Is close to the skyCan you check my spanish-english translation?
you did an amazing job for the most part :) theres only a few mistakes....



1.today im free from your kisses%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;the song is more of love so it would be more liek this%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Today I am free within your kisses...i dnt know if this makes sense but its talking more liek the person is finally enjoying those kisses.



2.then your destiny is in me..."pues" in this particular song is more like "because" so itll be Because your destiny is in me...



3.In your gaze I found, the light and the truth, the peace, the strength of one I love鈥?br>
te quiero is more like I love you....in my opinion i would write



"the strength of one I LOVE YOU"



4.Everything is magic, everything looks different.........i think it would be........"everything has a different color"



5.Why I love you鈥?"Por que" means "Because" and it wuold be better to replace Because for Why...

Because I love you



6.Is close to the sky..........hmmm id say that dat song woud be more liek........The sky is close



Because I love you鈥?br>
The sky is close

Because I love you鈥?br>
The sky is close



or you could say closer instead of close........



well i hope i helped...if you have any questions ill be glad to help you just add me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment