Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What does this mean (Spanish-English translation issues)?

I had a foreign exchange student from Spain (#2) and she was very nice. She left me a letter, but there is one part that I just don't understand. "I hope you continue to have strangers in your house, because none will have any eyebrow and the months will be fantastic." Why use eyebrow? Is the Spanish word similar to a different Spanish word and she just got them mixed up? Please interpret. Thank you.What does this mean (Spanish-English translation issues)?
maybe "porque nadie tendrč°© ninguna queja"

"because noone will have any complaint"

queja=complaint

ceja=eyebrow

(just some speculation)What does this mean (Spanish-English translation issues)?
My dictionary has - dejarse las cejas en algo (fam) to put a lot of effort into sth.That is literally "to leave your eyebrows in something" - perhaps that is what she was meaning ?What does this mean (Spanish-English translation issues)?
I agree with the queja Vs. ceja.



QUEJA

No comments:

Post a Comment