Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How can I improve my Spanish-English translation skills?

I just took a test %26amp; flunked it, %26amp; I feel bad about it. It was pretty difficult, %26amp; I want to know how I can improve, so I can enter school %26amp; receive a certificate so I can start my career.How can I improve my Spanish-English translation skills?
Of course, practice, but keep in mind this: a translator is a traitor (this word play makes more sense in Italian), and by saying this I mean that the translator must give priority to the target language, of course without sacrificing the source language. If you're translating from the Spanish into English, immerse yourself in the mindset of the English speaker and the English speaking worlds and cultures. If you're working from English into Spanish, do not anglicize the Spanish, as virtually any North American Hispanic does.
For me, personally talking reading in both languages is the key.But when I say reading I mean literature.How can I improve my Spanish-English translation skills?
Practice, practice, practice.



Find a situation where you are forced to use spanish to communicate. This will greatly improve your understanding of the material.How can I improve my Spanish-English translation skills?
find a spanish hunk to practice with - thats what i did with italian.



ciao baby
Send me your translations. I'm a Gringo living in Latin America since 1990, but I've been studying and reading Spanish since 1982. I can and will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment