Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spanish Translation (english to spanish) few short sentences?

I had a lot of friends.



I liked to eat pizza and hot dogs.



I played football and basketball.





The reason I couldn't do this is because I don't know the correct forms of the preterite and if they are imperfect. Thanks in advance! (:Spanish Translation (english to spanish) few short sentences?
1. Yo ten铆a muchos amigos. (Imperfect)



2. A mi me gustaba comer pizza y hot dogs. (Imperfect)



3. Yo jugaba f煤tbol y b谩squetbol. (Imperfect)

Yo jugu茅 f煤bol y b谩squetbol. (Preterite)



_________



Pizza and hot dogs are the same in English and Spanish. You could translate Hot Dogs to "Perros calientes", but everybody says "hot dogs" or "dogos" in Spanish.



Number 3 could be imperfect or preterite. I suggest to use imperfect because it sounds better. Otherwise, you could use preterite form to say "I played football and basketball yesterday".
Ten铆a muchos amigos



Me gustaba comer pizza y perros calientes (in some countries as Puerto Rico they say hot dogs as in English)



Jugu茅 balonpie/f煤tbol y baloncesto.



When you are talking about you and the other person/people you are talking with know it there's no reason, in Spanish, to repeat so often the "yo" (I) form because in the way the verb is shows that you are talking about you.Spanish Translation (english to spanish) few short sentences?
I had a lot of friends.



I liked to eat pizza and hot dogs.



I played football and basketball.



now for the spanish part





Yo ten铆a un mont贸n de amigos.



Me gustaba comer pizza y perros calientes.



Jugu茅 f煤tbol y baloncesto.Spanish Translation (english to spanish) few short sentences?
don't worry, i'm spanish xD

Yo ten铆a muchos amigos.

Me gust贸 comer pizza y perritos calientes./ Me gustaba comer pizza y perritos calientes.

Jugu茅 al f煤tbol y al baloncesto.



bye!!
Yo tenia muchos amigos.



Me gustaba comer pizza y perros calientes.



Jugaba futbol americano y basketball
Yo ten铆a un mont贸n de amigos.



Me gustaba comer pizza y perros calientes.



Jugu茅 f煤tbol y baloncesto.
go to spanishdict.com. i havent learned the past tense yet, doing it in a little bit. Other stuff i think is pretty obvious.
*edit*



nm everyone answered at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment